Monday 8 April 2013

get excited!: opi minnie mouse summer 2013 collection

From left to right: Chic from Ears to Tail, A Definite Mouse-t Have, Minnie Style, Innie Minnie Mighty Bow, Magazine Cover Mouse.

Ok confession time- I squealed a little when i saw this.
Only this morning was i gushing about how much i needed the "Nothin Mousie About it" polish (in my upcoming wish list post), so when i got a little email giving me a heads up about this, some form of excited but strangled noise escaped my lips.
These polishes don't all look like my cup of chai (i don't really drink normal tea y'see ;) ), but they all look achingly pretty. I tend to steer clear of pink nail polishes, dismissing them as cliche or overdone, sitting happily surrounded by a sea of varying degrees of blue nail varnish. But these may win me over. At first sight, A Definite Mouse-t Have caught my eye. This looks like the perfect flamingo meets coral pink and needs to make an appearance on my nails. Soon.
The other colour is was excited for is Magazine Cover Mouse, which in the stock photo looks like a rather icky tomato red colour, but when swatched (here) looks completely and utterly gorgeous. I haven't tried any of the sand effect polishes, so this may the one to try!
Minnie Style looked amazing in the bottle, but looks a bit mediocre when swatched (again, here) which is a little disappointing. Innie Minnie Mighty Bow looks pretty, but nothing we haven't seen before (raspberry red with fuschia glitter). I may pick it up anyway, because the closest thing i have is Essie's A-List which doesn't have the fuschia glitter. Chic from Ears to Tail looks like a very pretty bubblegum pink, but just doesn't scream "BUY ME!" to me. A very girly colour no doubt, but more of a take-it-or-leave-it shade for me personally. That said, I'm awful for saying i don't want things, then buying them anyway.

The collection isn't due to be released for a few months, but you can pre-order it in a few places*.

What do you think of the collection? Anything you need to buy when it comes out?

*Psst! I may place a cheeky pre-order  with this website. It's a US site, but each polish is $9.99, and if you pre-order all 5, you get a whopping 25% off with the discount code "buy5get25%off". So, with P&P, you get the whole collection (full size bottles and everything) for $47.75. Which is about £33. Which comes to £6.60 per bottle. Which is cheaper than Essie. And almost 50% than what we pay for OPI polishes in the UK. EEEK! Full collection. £33. E n o u g h said.

**In fact, i may just use this whole collection as the prize for the giveaway i'm thinking of having. Yay or neigh?

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the names OPI give to their nailpolishes. And thanks for that little tip, I'll be sure to check that out.

    my blog
    *****

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the names are adorable:) most welcome chum!x

      Delete
  3. So nice colours!I'm your follower now, if you like follow me too!

    New post: http://themilkandmint.blogspot.it/2013/04/kimono.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. they're so prreeeetty! i'm so tempted to preorder all of them, but i really shouldn't!xx

      Delete
  5. How adorable!!!*.*
    http://ladybirdcastle.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your lovely comment, darling.
    Hope to see you back on my blog someday, I will definitly have a look on your blog again soon.
    xx, Coco.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colours,so cute;-)Like your blog:-) Do visit my blog and if you like,follow on GFC and Bloglovin and I'll surely follow back:-)
    http://feistyfoxdiaries.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours! Minnie Style definitely got my attention first, but when I saw how it actually looks when applied.. I completely changed my mind! Magazine cover mouse seems like the one shouting "Buy me" for me:)
    xxxx
    Stephanie
    http://vidathings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I read all your comments, they make my day!