Saturday 11 February 2012

Maybelline Dream Touch Blush 06 & 02 Review

While in Boots today, i felt it rude to not take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer on Maybelline products (i also got the Dream Touch Foam Foundation- review on its way!). These were each £6.99, but i got one free, due to the offer. Something about 3for2, or b.o.g.o.f s just seem to draw me in! (I know thats the idea:p)
I was actually really unkeen on this particular shade when i bought it. It was just a bit too dark/dramatic for my tastes, but after looking at my swatched wrist again after a few hours, i realised how much i love this blush colour, and was rather excited i'd bought it!


The shade is 06, and i want to say it is something to do with berry, but i have no idea. 

I'd describe it as a dark reddy pink with brown undertones, and as you can see, it's really pigmented.
This was the first shade of this blush which I picked up. Its the shade 02, and its a very pretty apricot/peach/creamy glow-y colour. 

The picture makes it look overly orange, but it does show the dewy sheen you get on these blushes.


These are the two swatched. Left: 06, Right: 02. 
I was really heavy handed with these swatches, to get the colours to show up- they blend like a dream and leave a really natural, pretty colour. 

Overall, these blushes are a solid 9/10 - the formula is so light and smooth, and the colour pay off is instant and remarkably good! Definitely worth £6.99- would've bought these even if they weren't on 3 for 2!

2 comments:

  1. the red blush seems pretty :)
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was my 3rd item on 3 for 2, and i was really nervous about it, because i didn't want it to be too dark. but with some blending skills, it is absolutely lovely! i wore it on valentines day for a healthy flush and received compliments on it!:) xxx

      Delete

I read all your comments, they make my day!