Saturday 4 February 2012

Covergirl Lashblast Mascara review

The Sunday Girl always raves about this mascara, so when a relative of mine visited America and asked if i wanted anything bringing back, i jumped at the chance to get my paws on it. 

This is the tube, and as you can see, it's orange and quite bulky. It looks quite stylished and modern, and i always feel quite good pulling this out of my make-up bag.



The shade I got it in is 'black brown', which is a dark   brown, as you can see in the below picture. I got it in black brown because i have a problem with my lashes being too dark, as i have fair-ish eyebrows.

 Personally, i love the brush. It's big and has short plastic 'spikes. These cause me a bit of a problem, as when i apply closer to my lashline, the spikes get caught and it does hurt a little. Despite this, i think the result is worth it!

 This is a close-up of the brush. (the mascara doesn't look this bright on- it's much darker)
This is my eye with 2 coats of this mascara on. It creates quite spidery lashes, but does clump quite a lot if your technique isn't just right.  I like the overall effect, but it definitely isn't for those who want natural looking lashes. Curl-wise, it holds quite well. 

This mascara was around $8, buuuuuuut Max Factor False Lash Effect is literally the same formula etc as this mascara. 

This is my everyday mascara, and despite a few flaws, i couldn't recommend it enough! Max Factor, Covergirl, it's all the same really! 

2 comments:

  1. I hate buying a new mascara I never know what to go for, I love big lashes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have the exact same issue! i used to always only ever buy mascara and never use them! i think my favourites at the moment are the one above (same as Max Factor), Maybelline Collossal Volume Express (i'll review!) and No7 Lash Adapt Mascara, with 3/4 layers!
      X

      Delete

I read all your comments, they make my day!