Tuesday 10 September 2013

Lancôme Hypnôse Drama mascara


 





















Can we just take a moment to appreciate how cute this mascara is?!
This is the Lancôme Hypnôse Drama mascara, but with the (shock horror!) limited edition Alber Elbaz printed tube. Hypnôse drama is my first Lancôme mascara, and I cannot get enough of it. I'm even tempted to buy another of the printed tubes, because, when this one eventually dries out, there's no way  I can just revert to the plain black tube. Silly that may sound, but pulling this kitschy printed beauty out of my makeup bag each morning brings a smile to my face- it's so cute!
The formula itself is, for my lashes, near flawless. It lengthens, separates and adds volume- hence where the name 'drama' comes from. This mascara, like the Bi-Facil remover (reviewed previously on LM), has a rosy scent. It disappears once on the lashes, so it's just a nice quirk to an already good mascara.
The issue I have with this is application- the only issue being that application requires practice or you get some of the formula in my eye. It's not an irritant, it just leaves a black thing in my eye that takes a little time to fish out.
The mascara lasts all day, until it gets taken off and is not water resistant. Light rain it can withstand, but this doesn't claim to be waterproof, so my post-shower raccoon eyes can be excused.
£20.50 is not too expensive for a highend mascara (drugstore mascara prices are on the up!), and if you're going to buy this- I'd totally recommend it. Especially in the packaging. I'm obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all your comments, they make my day!