Thursday 5 September 2013

Nars Mysterious Red


Ok, this is the last Nars post until October at least, I promise. To conclude the reviews of my recent purchases from Nars, I have for you the Nars Velvet Matte lip pencil in Mysterious Red.
I've never mentioned it on LM before, but I love a good red lip. The old style, Hollywood-glamour seems so appealing and wearable but I've always been hindered by the difficulty to find that perfect red.
I have put away my red lippie radar for now, because ladies & gents, this is the one.
Fairly long wearing (leaving a pretty pinky red colour as it fades a little), matte but not drying and the kind of deep, vampy berry red that wouldn't look out of place of Ms Monroe herself, Mysterious Red is simply stunning.
I was close to leaving this behind, but at the till, the gent who was serving me mentioned it's limited edition status- and by now I think we all know what happens to me when those two little words are thrown into product-chatter.
£17.50 later and this beauty was mine and truth be told, I've been having too many working days, or lazy days, to have used this. I haven't had the opportunity to wear it out (though I had a play earlier, and I type this now with my lips a luscious scarlet colour), when the chance rears its lovely head, I'll be out there, all guns blazing, and perfectly red lips. Like Marilyn Monroe meets Lara Croft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all your comments, they make my day!