Saturday 7 September 2013

Smashbox HD Concealer








































Smashbox is a brand that has been on my radar for a while, but I just never got around to buying anything! I was particularly intrigued by the High Definition products, and when I found myself running out of concealer (L'Oreal True Match concealer for those wondering), I saw it as some form of excuse to buy a new concealer  sign.
I bought the shade Fair / Light, which is one of the three shades available (Fair, Medium and Dark). Fair is slightly yellow toned, which counteracts the purple beneath my eyes to cover dark circles well, and, being lighter than my skin tone, brightens the eye area too. I find this needs to be blended quickly and pretty thoroughly otherwise it will settle into fine lines (easily rectifiable, but still a little annoying when you're in a hurry).
The packaging is pretty sleek and functional, but the applicator is something to get used to. It's a bit solid to rub directly under the eyes, so i find depositing some onto the back of my hand then putting it on and blending with my ring finger works best. Blemish-wise, it also covers well, but I rarely suffer with bad blemishes, so I tend to use my derma blend concealer instead if I have an bite or spot.
My only gripe with this product (besides the inconvenient applicator) is the teeny tiny amount! 8ml costs £17, which is rather dear.
If you were wondering what the bottom, slightly pixel-y picture is- it's my eyes after a day at work, wearing this concealer. Normally, my makeup shifts as I'm on my feet all the time, but my undereyes showed very little signs of concealer shifting. 10 out of 10 for staying power and quality, but I have a few niggles with the price / quantity ratio.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all your comments, they make my day!