Monday 2 September 2013

Nars Via de'Martelli eyeliner


   





















Beginning this post with "I am not an eyeliner person" seems negative, but it's the truth. I, as a general rule don't veer towards eyeliner when applying my daily face.
Why, I hear you die-hard liner-lovers chanting? Well, I am a contact lense wearer, so the formulation has to be uber creamy and not destroy my contacts; I'm not actually very good at applying it evenly; I've never really loved the way it looks on me.
However, this colour was too perfect to miss out on because of a minor issue with the product itself. I joke, but I have been trying to get myself more into eyeliner, because it really defines my eyes and adds a kind of mysterious look to my makeup (rambling - - - over).
Via de'Martelli is the normal formulation of Nars eye pencils, very soft and blendable, but sticking put as soon as the creaminess whitters away. The colour is a rich, almost coffee brown, which is much less harsh than the typical black eye pencil- so I was convinced. It lasts most of the day on my waterline, but if you have extra-watery eyes then I'd eyeliner in general is not necessarily a good idea (unless you want to keep reapplying). The packaging is as you'd expect an eye pencil to be (in pencil form no less!) and a fun gimmick of the product is that the kohl twists up, and you sharpen it with the attached funnel-shaped thing. I haven't gotten round to trying it yet, but I'm sure it'll be fun. This colour is, unfortunately, limited edition as it was released with the Fall Collection and it costs an e y e w a t e r i n g (geddit?) £19.
Do you like eyeliner? Or are you like me- a big girl blouse when it comes to sticking pencils in my eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all your comments, they make my day!