Tuesday 9 July 2013

Primark Haul: 1




I love primark as much as the next fashion / beauty blogger, but my experience in the Oxford Street branch today has put me off the high street gem (and crowded public places) for quite a while!
I popped into Primark with the intention of purchasing some clothes that I could romp around Newquay in when I visit late next week- think beachy, throw-on-and-go style and you're pretty much there.
With that in mind, I ventured into the land of Primark, bustling and full of people and their pointy impatient elbows.

The first item I picked up was the navy blue 24 cropped jersey, which was £3. I was drawn to this because of the colour and cut, and the net detail down the sides added some interest- that said, it's one of those pieces that I'm unsure whether i actually like it, or whether it's so hideous that i love it! I also picked up a couple of pairs of the infamous £4 shorts, in the watercolour geometric and the white & blue floral prints. I'm pretty much in love with them, and i can see these being worn to death throughout Summer.
For beach wear, to accompany the swimming costume I already have (expect a Newquay packing post at some point!), I bought a blue / purple tie dye effect bikini with gunmetal colour alien/skull studs. The set together was £10, which is quite steep for a Primarni bikini, but I really love the colours and it feels like really good quality- on par with Topshop, H&M etc.
Crop tops crop tops crop tops! I think like every other blogger in the world, neigh universe, I've gone a little crazy over crop tops. I've been keeping healthy for quite some time now, and although i'm not about to pair a crop top with low slung jeans, I'm comfortable enough with my midriff to have a couple of inches on show- cheeky! I picked out the bambi print (£6- so adorable!) and the Coca Cola (again, £6) tops, but believe me- whittling it down was no mean feat.
One of my favourite items was the stain-glass print skirt that was £8. It's a really thick material, skater style, and really opulent colours that I think, although probably more suited to Autumn, I can't wait to wear nonetheless.
Lastly (bar some boring purchases- standard socks & pants etc!), I got some dungarees. I'm definitely going to find a way to style these in a more stylish way than with the pigtails and wellies that I styled dungarees with aged 5- but can we please just take a moment to appreciate these beautiful pale-wash denim beauties? £12 well spent.

What've you been buying recently?



6 comments:

  1. I love these Coca Cola and Bambi crop tops! so pretty xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i'm trying to stop myself from wearing them until i actually get to Newquay, but it's so tempting!xx

      Delete
  2. ooh love the things you've picked up especially the dungarees and the coca cola crop

    thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thankyou! i'm so excited to wear them!x

      Delete
  3. Love the coca cola top!

    Rebekah x
    www.silver-electrons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read all your comments, they make my day!