Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Beauty List I





1 2 3 4 5




Not a long list, but a list nonetheless!
I recently had my hair coloured/ highlighted (post in the works), and was recommended to invest in a colour protecting shampoo / conditioner, to keep the colour vibrant and fresh, so this Paul Mitchell jobby [1] looks like it's worth a try. Not the cheapest out there, but I've read a lot of positive reviews so watch this space!
I've never really displayed any interest in sampling Liz Earle cosmetics, but out of nowhere, I have a deep yearning to try it out and buy into the hype of the skincare guru's make-up line. The first additions, I believe, will be the brow pencil [2] because I am big. on. brows. and the healthy glow cream blush [3], because I remain to this day a cream blush virgin after failing to be wooed by the Stila convertible colours whilst swatching. 
I have never tried the Bumble & Bumble surf spray, but i have read that it is incredibly drying- a similar judgement to the one I made of Toni & Guys casual salt spray, which, if applied at the wrong stage of hair dampness, will result in dry tendrils as opposed to the luscious beachy locks we all are falling over ourselves to achieve. The Sacha Juan [4] offering clocked up on my radar the second that VDM did a review, proclaiming it worthy of it's cult status. £18 is certainly not cheap for a glorified bottle of salt water, but i think i'll happily pay it if I can finally reach a happy medium between not sucking the moisture out of my hair, and bedhead-y waves a la Moss (Kate).
Lastly is the Laura Mercier illuminator [5] from the Spellbound collection. 2 words for you, my lovely readers: l i m i t e d  e d i t i o n. Those two words have initiated crazed purchases from all womankind at some point or another, and this is no exception. I may've already been a little naughty and coaxed my local Space.NK into holding one for me. £31 is not, I repeat, not the amount I'd be looking to spend typically on a highlighter, but it's limited edition, oh-so-splendid and the ultimate rose-gold highlight for my skin tone (wistful swatching has definitely taken place many-a time). It's justifiable. Completely. It's like when you tried to convince your parents to buy you a puppy circa 8 years old....Look at iiiiiiiit*.





*And the highlighter won't urinate incessantly all over the floor. You're welcome. 

Currently reading: Just finished 13 Reasons Why - review? About to move onto Alex Woods Versus the Universe




1 comment:

  1. I love how that illuminator looks - like folds of satin!

    Megan xx
    http://meganroisinn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I read all your comments, they make my day!