Friday 16 August 2013

friday spending























After this morning, I've come to the conclusion that I have a mild spending problem.
I went to purchase the Laura Mercier Spellbound highlighter in my local Space.NK (the sheer proximity of it being a problematic temptation in itself), and ended up having a really long conversation with the MUA- who was probably the nicest one I've ever come across.
I ended up leaving with the Oribe Apres Beach Spray after realising that my normally beachy waves have been a bit...lacklustre since I had my hair highlighted. I've been living off my Toni & Guy casual salt spray, which is good, but just a little drying- and I was actually looking into buying a tousling spray after seeing Lily's blog post on the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. £33 for the can seemed a little excessive, seeing as I've never really been enticed by the thought of buying hair products- but I spritzed a little into my locks in-store and was immediately sold. Hello beach holiday in spray form!
My Space.NK bag that I clutched and smiled about the entire way home also contained the  Lipstick Queen lipstick in Bare Nude (Saint). At £20, again, definitely on the pricier side of lip product proceeding, but nonetheless...just so pretty. I'm forever searching for 'The One' (the nude lipstick kind) that I can just slick on in the mornings and leave happy, and this may just be it. It's 10% pigment, which sounds off-putting right? But it's a gorgeous glossy formula that like a magnificent graduation from tinted lip balm. Perfect shade on my skin anyway!
And yes, I did actually pick up the highlighter, and I'm every bit as infatuated as I expected (it's limited edition- so i recommend everyone run screaming to the nearest Laura Mercier Counter and buy it keep that in mind if on the fence). I also had a mosey over to boots, intending to pick up colour protecting shampoo & conditioner- which I did.
The latest additions to my shower are the John Frieda Everlasting Blonde shampoo,  the Colour Renew Tone-Correcting conditioner, and the Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends hair mask (because i'mma show ma hurrr some lovin'!)

2 comments:

  1. Did your blog used to be called something else??
    I really want to try something from Oribe, everything sounds great! xo

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it did! sorry for the confusion! I'd totally recommend the spray- there's a review coming up in a few weeks!

      (previously eldieflower :) ) xx

      Delete

I read all your comments, they make my day!