Saturday 24 August 2013

Laura Mercier Spellound






















Spellbound by name, spellbound by nature. I love this. But, let's rewind and I'll talk you through this Laura Mercier beaut.
The Spellbound Illuminator was released as part of the Spellbound collection a few months ago and by gum is it making waves in the blogosphere. Hailed as "a beautiful face illuminating hybrid product with a soft rose gold shimmer perfect for highlighting", if you aren't knock-kneed by the description, you will be wowed by the product itself.
I'd describe this as a rose gold highlighter, leaning towards a champagne-y hue, slightly comparable to the Watts Up highlighter by benefit (which I love), but less pink and brashly gold. The powder feels a little rough when swatching, but glides onto the skin extremely smoothly. I apply this with the Real Techniques buffing brush (from the Core Collection), and although I like the finish, I'm still very much experimenting with how I'm going to really use this baby. It lasts a fairly long time, I'd say about 7 hours before it's completely gone- but that would be longer with a setting spray, or primer/ foundation underneath.
The packaging is classically sleek Laura Mercier, and at £31, following the theme of "not the cheapest" that my posts seem to be having at the moment, this is undeniably high end. It's also limited edition, which shouldn't have made me want it more, but the idea of these selling out like hot cakes made me a little flustered. It was one of those things where you know you don't need it, but you deperately really want it.
My advice? If this looks up your street, go go go!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this looks absolutely lovely! Both the shade and the packaging are incredible. Thanks for the review! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, wantwantwant xx

    Charlotte| LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete

I read all your comments, they make my day!